- Shin guards are MANDATORY for both practice and games.
- White soccer socks should be worn OVER the shin guards.
- Cleats are recommended over sneakers for safety reasons. Younger players (ages 4-6) are fine in sneakers.
- Regular athletic shorts (preferably navy or black).
- Players will receive their LMSC jersey on the first day of the season.
- Players should bring a soccer ball
- Size 3 for Atoms, Neutrons, Bantams, Microns, Juniors and Quasars
- Size 4 for Intermediates, Protons, Electrons and Seniors
Among the many local area sporting goods stores that sell soccer equipment:
- C & M Sporting Goods, 1305 West Chester Pike, Havertown, PA 19083 (they sell LMSC soccer shorts)
- Angelo's Soccer Corner, 288 West Swedesford Road, Berwyn, PA 19312
Intramural players can purchase a pair of our logoed LMSC navy intramural soccer shorts and white soccer socks at
the registration table for our youngest divisions at
Penn Wynne Park between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Sundays during the season. These items are optional.
We will attempt to honor car pool and teammate requests written on the registration form. We cannot guarantee that
car pool requests or teammate requests will be honored since our first priority is to make teams within each division
as fair and balanced as possible. Car pool requests may only be made with players in the SAME division. A MAXIMUM of
three players may be listed. We will NOT switch players at the start of the season to different teams for this purpose,
requests MUST be stated on the registration form. If a player has a good friend who he or she would like to be placed
with, please list him or her in this section of the registration form. Car pool requests received after March 20th
will most likely not be honored since we must begin the difficult task of making team assignments at that time.
Our program is dependent on having parents of players volunteer as coaches. PLEASE give consideration to volunteering
as a coach, thank you. We provide head coaches with ample coaching material in order to make the program a success.
You do not need to have had played the game, you only need to have an interest in working with a small group of children
and an ability to stay one or two steps ahead of them in learning the game.
If you are interested in serving as a head coach or assistant coach, PLEASE indicate this on
your registration. Also, if you are planning on coaching, please send in your registration form AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated so we can mail coaching materials, make coaching assignments, etc.
Several school district and township fields will be closed this year for renovations. As a result, we do not know at the present time
which divisions will play at which field locations. We anticipate that all divisions will be playing at fields
inside of Lower Merion Township, but we do not know which divisions will play where.
Our web page will provide this information as soon as we know what fields are available for the spring season.