- New team rosters will not officially take effect until August 1st.
- Players wishing to tryout for our Travel Team Program should make every effort to be at BOTH tryouts listed for their age group.
- Some age groups might have an additional "invitation only" tryout.
- CLICK HERE for field location information.
- Each tryout will last approximately 90 minutes.
- Players should make every effort to attend BOTH tryouts for their age group.
- Dogs and pets are NOT allowed on our fields.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in at the registration table and get a tryout pinnie (please return the pinnie at the end of the night).
- Frequently Asked Questions About The LMSC Travel Team Program
- 10 THINGS EVALUATORS ARE LOOKING FOR AT TRYOUTS
ABOUT THE VARIOUS AGE GROUPS
- Under 8 (2015 Births) Through Under 15 (2008 Births) Teams: LMSC will field up to five professionally coached teams in each age group
to compete, starting with the fall season. This will enable us
to maximize the development of players who are experienced, high level players as well as players who have had less
exposure to high level soccer.
- Under 15 'A' Teams (2008 Births): Our boys and girls Under 15 A teams will have a very limited
schedule in the fall season because of conflicts with the high school season. Those teams will start up in full in late October, as the high school
- Under 16 (2007 Births) Through Under 19 (2004 Births) Teams: Teams in these age groups will not begin play until after the high school season has ended,
in late October.
AGE GROUP ELIGIBILITY
- Players are NOT required to live in Lower Merion Township.
- Players do NOT need to have played in LMSC before in order to tryout.
- Players who will be in high school in the fall are eligible to tryout for an older age group team. Players who will not yet be
entering high school may only tryout in the age group corresponding to their year of birth.
- Birth certificates are collected after tryouts to ensure that all players are of the proper age.
- Per US Soccer mandate, overage players may NOT be considered for a team and will not be allowed to attend tryouts.
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR TRYOUTS
- Players NOT currently playing on an LMSC travel team will need to pre-register for tryouts so that we can send additional
tryout information, including the expected commitment and costs for teams in the age group. This includes players from outside of
LMSC as well as LMSC intramural players. Pre-registering will also enable us to notify players about any last minute tryout changes,
including any rainouts.
- Current LMSC travel team players should NOT pre-register for tryouts.
- Players not currently in LMSC (travel team program or intramural program) who would like to be seen by our
age group coaches in advance of the tryout dates are asked to contact the age group contact listed below.
Our coaches will make every effort to invite your child to an upcoming training session so that the coaches can watch your child in action.
This will also enable parents to meet our LMSC coaches and see them working with their team.
GOALKEEPER TRYOUT INFORMATION
Players wishing to be considered as a goalkeeper will be expected to attend the general tryouts listed in our tryout information. LMSC will
also set aside a few days (most likely Fridays) for goalkeeper evaulations during the tryout period. Goalkeepers will work with our
in training sessions which will also serve as evaluation sessions. Our goalkeeper trainers will share their observations with the
travel team coaches in the appropriate age group.
CLICK HERE FOR